If the application is not performing as expected, (menus seem to be missing or corrupt) or you try to Trace a bitmap and the Trace window does not appear, you may need to reset the defaults for CorelDraw. This will refresh the default files and it will be like launching a freshly installed application.
- With CorelDRAW closed, hold down the Windows key (this is the key between the CTRL and ALT keys. While holding this down, top the letter R on the keyboard. This will open the Run command box.
- Next you will need to type %appdata% and tap the Enter key
- Locate and open the Corel folder
- In the Corel folder right click the folder that is named your version of CorelDRAW
- Once the right click menu appears, select rename
- Rename the folder by adding "old" in front of the name.
- Close these folders down and launch CorelDRAW while holding down the F8 key (Note: Some newer keyboards have an "F Lock" key that must be pressed first to activate the Function keys on the keyboard.) A message will appear.
- Select Yes on the prompt.